Historical Exhibits at La Posada Hotel
Historical exhibits are on display throughout La Posada’s public spaces:
- Visitors can take a self-guided tour using a booklet that is keyed to 35 historic images displayed throughout the hotel.
- The Winslow Harvey Girls offer guided tours of the hotel and a famous “trunk show” presentation of Fred Harvey tableware. Contact Chris Pane (928.289.9110) or Peggy Nelson (928.289.4160) for information. The suggested donation for this tour is $5 per person.
- The hotel lobby has rotating historical exhibits on view throughout the year. Contact the front desk for information on the current exhibit (928.289.4366).
- The East Wing first-floor hall has a large photo grid showing just a few of La Posada’s famous guests.
- The Winslow Arts Trust (WAT) exhibit center displays drawings, newspaper articles, and images of La Posada’s history. You can also see conceptual drawings and models of future plans for the hotel.
- A documentary about the restoration of La Posada led by hotel owner Allan Affeldt is on view just off the lobby from 9 am to 9 pm.